Saturday, March 28, 2015

Slow down and taste the kibble.



I used to gobble my food in a hurry never really tasting it. But this bowl has changed everything allowing me to see just how yummy my food really is. You see all the little bumps and curves in this bowl. Well that makes eating an adventure.

I received two of these which is great because it will allow me to take one to my grandparents house to leave there. This is called the Green Slow Feed Bowl. It's from Northmate.



I call it pure torture because it really makes me work for every single piece of kibble. I don't really think that it's fair but my mama said it will help prevent me from getting something called bloat. You see bloat is deadly, and I'm not ready to go wait at the rainbow bridge so I think I'll keep using this bowl.








This is a bit of information on bloat.


Bloat is a very serious health risk for many dogs, yet many dog owners know very little about it. According to the links below, it is the second leading killer of dogs, after cancer.  It is frequently reported that deep-chested dogs, such as German Shepherds, Great Danes, and Dobermans are particularly at risk. 
Bloating of the stomach is often related to swallowed air (although food and fluid can also be present).  It usually happens when there's an abnormal accumulation of air, fluid, and/or foam in the stomach ("gastric dilatation").    Stress can be a significant contributing factor also.  Bloat can occur with or without "volvulus" (twisting).  As the stomach swells, it may rotate 90° to 360°, twisting between its fixed attachments at the esophagus (food tube) and at the duodenum (the upper intestine).  The twisting stomach traps air, food, and water in the stomach.  The bloated stomach obstructs veins in the abdomen, leading to low blood pressure, shock, and damage to internal organs.  The combined effect can quickly kill a dog.

www.companyofanimals.co.uk

http://northmate.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Green-101027-Northmate-Interactive-Feeder/dp/B009CKHXYU



No comments:

Post a Comment

I have moderation set up to cut down on spam.