Saturday, March 28, 2015

Training time.

Hello everyone even though I know oh so many things. I still need to learn more things to help my mama. 

Something that can help me to learn those new things is a clicker. This clicker than I need to tell you about is called a Multi-Click. 

This one is great. I love that it has three sounds. LOUD, Middle, and soft.  This is really cool because it makes it easier to use it in hotels and stores. 

This is because at home I can use it loud or middle and then in public or hotels I can use it soft. 

I like that it is super easy for my mama to change the sounds and the button is easy to push.

I  told her to film herself pushing the switch to show you how easy it is and to show you how loud the sounds are.



I also love the packaging. It was super easy to open which is perfect for someone with pain in their fingers. 

Check out this video so you can see how easy this is for the clicking and the changing of the sounds. 







The "clicker" is a small noisemaker that makes a distinctive "click" sound when the metal tab is pressed. The clicker is intended to tell your dog when he or she does something correctly. Once your person teaches you to associate the clicker with goodies, you will quickly learn that when you do as told and the human clicks, you will receive a goodie. This means that you will be a very important part of your education, instead of just being forced into place
  • Remember that the clicker is not the reward. The clicker is intended to mark which behavior is correct, not to reward a behavior. You get a treat after the sound because the treat is the reward.
  •  The clicker makes a very distinctive sound that you will easily recognize, and that humans will not use in casual conversation.

Then there's the target stick. This thing is fun to use. It helps your person show you where they want you to touch. I love this because the best way we have found to start 
training with that is to rub some peanut butter on the end. BOY Is that stuff tasty, 





Other than clickers themselves, target sticks are one of the most useful training tools on the market. With a target stick you can learn to move to particular locations, into cars, over jumps, retrieve objects by name, close doors, switch on/off lights, press buttons to open doors at the mall. 

I love the fact this can shrink down and that it has a clip on the side so that your person can put it on their shirt. This makes it so easy to take it with you.

I learned how to use it in no time. 






I also got an awesome whistle. Boy is that think loud. I love it because I can hear it from all the way on the other side of the house and that sends me running. I learned really fast that it means to COME HERE RIGHT NOW.



This whistle is heavy weight and and super strong. Plus there's the fact it is on a nice chain you can wear around your neck so you cant loose the whistle. I love the cover on the mouth piece that way dust wont get in the whistle and make it not work as good or taste nasty. I really love this thing because it's so nice and helps make me a better dog. 
There is an adjustable pin on the back so that you can change the pitch and tone of the whistle. This whistle is the best of both worlds it grabs your attention much better than just a human voice ever can and that makes it easier to learn and to stay safe. That paired with the chain, the cover, the tone control, and the high quality and you cant go wrong. 






http://companyofanimals.co.uk/product/clix-professional-whistle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have moderation set up to cut down on spam.