Sunday, January 24, 2016

Yummies for human tummies

I have to tell you all about some fantastic Olive oil and vinegar. 

First I will start with the olive oil. This is first cold pressed, unrefined, and unfiltered olive oil. 
Basically the best of the best. 

Now olive oil is heart healthy, tasty, and it's good for the hair, skin and nails. Plus it tastes really yummy too.

Some basic information to help understand what cold pressed means.  

 “Cold” refers to the olives being kept no higher than 81.9 °F, and “pressed” refers to the method of extraction. This method indicates that no heat or chemical additives were used to extract the oil from the olives, which can alter and destroy the flavors and aromas of the olive oil. Without adding heat to the processing, the olive oil also retains its full nutritional value.

This olive oil is ExtraVirgin which basically means the first pressing and the purest taste.


Unrefined and unfiltered olive oils are a much truer flavor and actually are slightly better for you than the filtered oils. I prefer this to the filtered ones.

As for the flavor from this oil I need to break it down into two catagries.

Herb infused- This oil has a wonderful taste. Its great drizzled on a salad or a sandwich. This oil reminds me of a pizza sauce except theres no tomato. It tastes wonderful and I even enjoy dipping nice crusty bread into it.

Pure oil-The pure Spanish olive oil is a much truer taste. I love the fruity-ness of this oil. I haven't had the chance to do it yet but this would make a fantastic oil to use in home made pesto sauce. You could then toss that in pasta, use it on a pizza or even in a sandwich. I happen to like a bit of pesto mixed into mashed potatoes.




Vinegar 


The vinegar that I tasted are really amazing. I tried a great balsamic and a wine vinegar. They are good to use in salad dressings, marinades, and dips.

The Apple Balsamic is really good, There is the slight tang like most vinegars but also it is slightly sweet. There is just a slight hint of apple to this that is really amazing.This would be a fantastic reduction to drizzle over meats. Believe it or not this is even good lightly drizzled on fresh fruits or even cheeses. 

This was great to mix with some herbs and dip veggies into. It is very tasty and offers more depth than most of the other balsamics that you can find on the market.

I highly encourage you to try it. I happen to like it a bit more than the wine vinegar but I enjoy a balsamic over any other vinegar option.


Cabernet Sauvignon is a very bright full red wine vinegar that I love for how tangy it is. This of course is made from the very same grapes as the full bodied red wine of the same name. It even embodies the same smooth taste.  I personally would use this on steamed veggies, in salad dressings that you want to have a bit more bold taste than a balsamic or in a marinade it has a very great flavor that foodies will love.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

I have moderation set up to cut down on spam.